Choosing an online profile photo can sometimes prompt anxiety. Do you pick a photo that makes you look especially good? One that reflects your personality? Both?Â Others will be naturally curious about your photo to make a connection. Your photo is a wonderful way to express yourself and add another dimension to your story.
There are tons of ways to use Google Wave–here are just a few examples to get you thinking and an overview video that shows Google Wave in action.
(originally from Skype Support)
To set up your webcam for Skype, please follow these steps:
- Download and install the most recent drivers for your video device (you can get these from the webcam deviceâ€™s manufacturerâ€™s site). In many cases this is not necessary if it is a USB device.
- Select your video device in Skype by clicking the following from the Main Skype Control window:
Tools -> Options -> General (tab) -> Video Settings (tab)
- If your webcam is functioning you will see yourself displayed. If you are not seeing yourself be sure you have Enable Skype Video checked. If you are still having difficulty click Webcam Settings.
Please note: FireWire devices are not supported at this time.
- Make sure the option Enable Skype Video is checked. Also you can set video privacy settings to the desired options in the same window.
- The recommended System Requirements for Skype video calls are a 1Ghz CPU, 512MB RAM, a video card with at least 16MB of memory (also the latest version of DirectX installed) and a 512/256kbit (down/up) connection. Video and call quality may vary greatly in environments with conditions below those recommendations.
- Please be sure, that your webcam is connected and not in use by another program.